Sunday, March 28, 2010

Food, glorious food...


I've never really thought about taking pictures of what I cook before, but since I started this blog (and recently got a new camera), occasionally I have started taking out the camera and snapping a few shots while I cook. Even though cooking is an art, I've never looked at it before as a 'subject' of art before. Sometimes even the most basic things can be beautiful when you really look.

I like to cook, but I'm not the fanciest chef. I like meals that are fairly easy, but taste good... and are hopefully somewhat healthy :) I hardly ever use a recipe, but do occasionally look up recipes online or in a book... and then end up using my own flair or change it according to what ingredients I actually have.



Here are a few pizzas I made when we had some friends over. I like doing 'different' pizzas. One is an Alfredo sauce base, with broccoli, tomato, and peppers. Another is pesto base with fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, and peppers. And the third is a black bean and corn salsa base with tortilla chips, avocado, peppers, and tomato.

Below is pasta in an alfredo sauce, with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and peppers. Very easy. Very good.

Below that is Eggplant Parmesan, one of my favorite dishes. Can you tell I like Italian food?






Below is a dish I usually like to make is autumn, when we have an ample supply of apples. This year I cut up and froze some apples though. This is pork, marinated in sherry and cooked with some onions, herbs, cinnamon and brown sugar. I also cook the asparagus in the same. Delicious! I recently also cooked a similar dish with blueberries. My husband said it was the best thing he's ever eaten... although he says that with many things I make. Flattery will get him everywhere :)



These are some vegetables I was stir-frying for a Chinese dish I made. Love the veggies!


Is your tummy rumbling yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails